Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Trust me, I'm a Doctor

After months of complications and rescheduling, I finally had my PhD thesis defense on Friday (September 2).  The public talk went really well and the closed-door meeting after with my committee was a lot less stressful than I was expecting.  I passed and I'm officially Dr. Drake!

It's definitely a little weird to have people use that at work.  And people at work really like to use it after you first defend!  Now, I'm working as a post-doc in the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine department at VCU.

It's also a little strange that this is the first time in 7 years that I am not a student.  And there was only a one-year period between kindergarten and now that I was not in school.  My timing this year in finishing is even more interesting - as people are starting their graduate school careers, I'm finishing mine.  No sadness there, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment