Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Running...I should start that again

I haven't been able to run much lately.  Mostly because of being too busy with finishing up my PhD, but also because I am pregnant.  Right now, I'm 28 weeks.  During my first half-marathon, I was passed by a woman who was 8 months pregnant, and I decided at that point that I wanted to be her one day.  So, when I got pregnant, I planned to run the whole time.  Here's the thing I didn't know: IT'S HARD!

I had a rough start.  I was sick for the first 20 or so weeks and completely exhausted with trying to get everything done and all the stress on my body.  Plus, the bouncing on my bladder is really tough.  Additionally, do you have any idea how hard it is to find running clothes if you didn't start off as a size small?  Most women apparently just wear a size large or x-large, but I'm starting at that size.  I'm currently wearing the Brooks Glycerin capri pants and shorts, which have a nice waistband and a looser-fitting leg, so that works really well for my body.

Now that I'm done with my PhD, I'm going to work on getting back to running.  There is an 8k the day of the Richmond Marathon that I would very much like to do.  It's about a month before my due date, but I can totally do this!

1 comment:

  1. you can totally do it! :)

    congrats on finishing up the PhD!

    ReplyDelete