Thursday, February 17, 2011

Publishing Woes

Remember the manuscript I was discussing about 9 months ago?  Well, it still hasn't been published.  On the plus side, I've learned a lot about scientific writing in the process and am now the first listed author on the paper!!

It's now been to: Nature Medicine, Journal of Clinical Investigation, Circulation Research, American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine (Blue Journal), and American Journal of Respiratory Cellular and Molecular Biology (Red Journal).  The folks at the Blue Journal also publish the Red Journal and were helpful enough to suggest that we should send it there instead.  We got reviewed by the Red Journal.  They asked us to reorganize and resubmit the manuscript, which I did today.  Hopefully v5.2 is the one that gets published.

I also realized that if I had been pregnant at the start of this submission process (April 2010), I would have a 2-month old right now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the joys of Professional Journals. (I remember, back in my lab rat days, my boss sweating for MONTHS over whether or not the "Journal of Radiation Biophysics" would take a paper... because no one else was going to even be interested!)

    Fingers crossed that the Red Journal is a go!

    ReplyDelete