Monday, January 3, 2011

Training - 2010 Recap and 2011 Preview

My running season did not go as well as hoped last year.  I suffered my second tibial fracture ever - this time in the other leg - and it took quite awhile to heal.  Couple that with a few lung infections, and I'll be glad to not have a repeat of 2010 any time soon!!  Despite that, here are my training totals for the entire year:
  • Bike: 647.41 miles
  • Run: 290.86 miles
  • Swim: 24,100 meters
I'm especially proud that I volunteered a total of 19 hours and 15 minutes at running and triathlon events throughout the year! 

Looking forward to 2011, I'd like to train more in each sport than I did in 2010.  I don't think I'm going to tackle another marathon for awhile.  I'd like to take the time to get healthy and focus on shorter distances.  I'm hoping to go sub 3 hours in a half marathon and maybe beat my PR of 2:39.

No comments:

Post a Comment