Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Vibram Experiment

I've been interested in getting a pair of Vibram Five Fingers for quite awhile.  My husband got a pair of the Classic model last summer and I've worn his around the house a few times even though they are much too big for me.

The REI closest to my house recently started carrying them, so I was able to try them on in person.  This is really the best way given that the sizing can be quite tricky.  I knew I wanted the Sprint model because I like the adjustable heel strap and the strap on the top.  Plus, it would be more stable if I wanted to run in them.  I wear Injinji toe socks for running to prevent blisters between my toes, so I took those to try them on.  I ran into the problem that the size that fits best without socks was a little tight with them.  I ended ordering the smaller size because I don't think I'll be wearing socks in the summer.  REI didn't carry the model or color I wanted in the store, so I ordered them online.  They came today!



The shoes recommend wearing them for an hour or two at first for the muscles to get used to them.  It definitely feels different, but they are quite comfortable.  The sizing is the same as the Classics I tried on in that they are a little tight with the socks, but just right without.  I'm hoping they stretch a little bit after I wear them.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment